A new paper, titled Integrating generative AI in knowledge building has been accepted for publication in Computers & Education: Artificial Intelligence.
The Penn GSE Wonder Lab reimagines learning and teaching in the knowledge society.
As an interdisciplinary research group at the University of Pennsylvania Graduate School of Education, we design technology-enhanced learning environments, develop learning analytics applications, and conduct empirical research in authentic educational settings. The central question we ask is:
How can we better support human wonderment in various contexts of learning?
06 November 2023
15 October 2023
A poster, titled The Synthesis Lab: Empowering Collaborative Learning in Higher Education through Knowledge Synthesis was presented at the 2023 ACM SIGCHI Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work & Social Computing (CSCW) in Minneapolis.
06 October 2023
A new paper, titled Beyond reading together: Facilitating knowledge construction through participation roles and social annotation in college classrooms has been accepted for publication in The Internet and Higher Education.
10 June 2023
A new paper, titled Understanding Idea Creation in Collaborative Discourse Through Networks: The Joint Attention–Interaction–Creation (AIC) Framework was presented at the 2023 Annual Meeting of the International Society of the Learning Sciences (ISLS) in Montreal.
29 September 2022
Xinran Zhu, Ph.D. candidate, has received a research grant from Social Science Research Council (supported by The Summer Institutes in Computational Social Science), as a co-PI. The awarded project aims to examine factors that drive inter-institutional collaboration in the field of computational social science towards knowledge advancement, by constructing collaboration networks and investigating longitudinal network evolution via network modeling.
PhD Candidate in LST
Benji Encalada Mora
Lead Software Engineer
- Zixi Chen Postdoc; now assistant professor at NYU Shanghai
- Mengchen Su Postdoc; now Research Scientist at UMN
- Yu-Hui Chang PhD in LT; now Assistant Professor at National Sun Yat-sen University
- Rukmini Manasa PhD student in LT
- Shan Yu PhD candidate in Design
- Wenjing Chen MEd graduate in LT
- William Batu M.S. student in CS
- Ethan Brown PhD in EdPsy
- Huanqing Wu Visiting scholar from Qufu Normal University
- Fan Ouyang Learning Technologies
- Xing Liu Master's graduate in Financial Math
- Wanying Zhou Undergrad in Psychology
- Tianhui Huang Visiting scholar from Fudan U
- Yizhou Fan Visiting scholar from Peking U
- Jonathan Shoberg Computer Science
- Mustafa Serkan Günbatar Associate Professor, Van Yüzüncü Yıl University
- David Groos MPS Science Teacher
- Craig Karlen SPPS Science Teacher
- Daniel Weyandt SPPS Science Teacher
Our work is supported by the National Science Foundation, the Schmidt Futures, Carina Initiatives, and other funding agencies.